In this topic today, we would like to give you a full collection of 70+ Questions About Bearded Dragons for beginners as well as answers for this.
And now, let’s kick in!
On This Page
- #1 QUESTIONS ABOUT BEARDED DRAGONS FOOD
- 1. Can bearded dragons eat avocado?
- 2. Can bearded dragons eat eggs?
- 3. Can bearded dragons eat kiwi?
- 4. Can bearded dragons eat mango?
- 5. Can bearded dragons eat apples?
- 6. Can bearded dragons eat bananas?
- 7. Can bearded dragons eat bell pepper?
- 8. Can bearded dragons eat blackberry?
- 9. Can bearded dragons eat blueberry?
- 10. Can bearded dragons eat broccoli?
- 11. Can bearded dragons eat cabbage?
- 12. Can bearded dragons eat carrots?
- 13. Can bearded dragons eat celery?
- 14. Can bearded dragons eat chicken?
- 15. Can bearded dragons eat cilantro?
- 16. Can bearded dragons eat corn?
- 17. Can bearded dragons eat cucumber?
- 18. Can bearded dragons eat dandelions?
- 19. Can bearded dragons eat earthworm?
- 20. Can bearded dragons eat fish?
- 21. Can bearded dragon eat fruit?
- 22. Can bearded dragon eat grapes?
- 23. Can bearded dragon eat grass?
- 24. Can bearded dragon eat grasshopper?
- 25. Can bearded dragon eat green bean?
- 26. Can bearded dragon eat kale?
- 27. Can bearded dragon eat lettuce?
- 28. Can bearded dragon eat mealworm?
- 29. Can bearded dragon eat mice?
- 30. Can bearded dragon eat mushroom?
- 31. Can bearded dragon eat nightcrawler?
- 32. Can bearded dragon eat oranges?
- 33. Can bearded dragon eat parsley?
- 34. Can bearded dragon eat peaches?
- 35. Can bearded dragon eat pea?
- 36. Can bearded dragon eat pineapple?
- 37. Can bearded dragon eat plum?
- 38. Can bearded dragon eat raspberry?
- 39. Can bearded dragon eat romaine lettuce?
- 40. Can bearded dragon eat spiders?
- 41. Can bearded dragon eat spinach?
- 42. Can bearded dragon eat stink bug?
- 43. Can bearded dragon eat strawberries?
- 44. Can bearded dragon eat tomato?
- 45. Can bearded dragon eat watermelon?
- 46. Can bearded dragon eat zucchini?
- 47. Can you overfeed a bearded dragon?
- 48. What do beardies eat?
- #2 QUESTIONS ABOUT BEARDED DRAGONS ACTING WEIRD
- #3 QUESTIONS ABOUT BEARDED DRAGONS SECRET MANUALS
- 60. Can beardies live together?
- 61. Can beardies live with other lizards?
- 62. Do beardies have teeth?
- 63. Do beardies make good pets?
- 64. How big do beardies get?
- 65. How big does a beardie tank need to be?
- 66. How long do beardies live?
- 67. How much is baby beardies?
- 68. How much are beardies?
- 69. How to make a beardie vivarium?
- 70. Where can I get a beardie?
- Metabolic Bone Diseases In Beardies
- What Can Beardies Not Eat
- Beardies Lethargic After Eating
- Beardies Sleeping Positions?
- How To Tell If Your Beardie Is Happy?
- Why Is My Beardie’s Mouth Open? Reasons &Tips
- Reasons Why Your Beardies Turned White And Died
- How Long Can a Bearded Dragon Go Without Heat?
- Why Is My Bearded Dragon Breathing Heavy?
#1 QUESTIONS ABOUT BEARDED DRAGONS FOOD
1. Can bearded dragons eat avocado?
No, avocados should never be feed to a beardie.
They have a high amount of oxalic acid which can be fatal to a beardie in very high doses.
You should avoid feeding avocados to your beardie and choose leafy greens as a good substitute.
2. Can bearded dragons eat eggs?
Yes, beardies can eat eggs, namely scramble eggs.
Eggs are not used as a regular food source, but they can be given once or twice a week. Make sure you don’t mix any milk in with it because beardies can’t digest dairy products.
3. Can bearded dragons eat kiwi?
Yes, beardies can eat kiwis. A fresh kiwi is a great source of Vitamin C.
If your beardie has no issue eating cactus pear, they will be okay with a kiwi. It is recommended to feed your beardie kiwi only twice a month.
4. Can bearded dragons eat mango?
Beardies can eat mangoes, but you should only feed them a mango occasionally.
Make sure the pieces are small enough and ripe enough (so that they are soft).
It’s recommended to avoid letting them eat mango skin.
5. Can bearded dragons eat apples?
Beardies love eating fruits, and apples are not excepted.
You just need to peel and cut the apple into the right sizes for your beardie to eat.
6. Can bearded dragons eat bananas?
Like apples, beardies also loves bananas.
However, you are recommended to feed them a banana rarely or your dragon can get sick.
7. Can bearded dragons eat bell pepper?
Yes, beardies can eat bell peppers as long as the bell pepper is cored and chopped into small cubes.
Remember to remove the seeds too.
8. Can bearded dragons eat blackberry?
Yes, blackberries are a good occasional treat on top of a salad.
They are pretty soft and easy to chew for beardies.
9. Can bearded dragons eat blueberry?
Blueberries can be eaten by beardies as long as you give your dragon fresh and carefully washed blueberries as ones that are unwashed or frozen consist of preservatives or pesticides that can dangerous to your dragon.
10. Can bearded dragons eat broccoli?
Beardies can consume broccoli. However, feeding broccoli to your beardie too often can cause him/her ill, and you had better feed raw broccoli to your dragon.
11. Can bearded dragons eat cabbage?
Yes, both green cabbage and red cabbage can be eaten by beardies.
You should choose the raw cabbage and wash it carefully before feeding it to your dragon.
12. Can bearded dragons eat carrots?
Carrots are really good for beardies’ health as they are high in Vitamin A.
However, if your beardie is also receiving vitamin A supplements as well as having carrots in its diet, this can cause vitamin A toxicity.
So if your beardie has a diet containing foods (like carrots) rich in vitamin A, you should adjust the amount of vitamin A supplements given to him/her.
13. Can bearded dragons eat celery?
Of course, raw celery both the stalks and the leaves can be included in the beardies’ diet.
Before having the celery eaten by your dragon, you are recommended to finely chop it.
14. Can bearded dragons eat chicken?
Actually, there have not been researches supporting feeding cooked chicken to beardies as well as effects on overall dragon health.
Therefore, you had better avoid provide your beardie with chicken.
15. Can bearded dragons eat cilantro?
Cilantro is known as a safe fruit for beardies to eat as well as it is fresh and washed before serving it.
16. Can bearded dragons eat corn?
Corns can be eaten beardies but feeding your dragon corn too often is not suggested.
17. Can bearded dragons eat cucumber?
Yes, you just need to have cucumbers peeled and give it to your beardie.
However, cucumbers which are known to contain mostly water provide poor nutritional value.
18. Can bearded dragons eat dandelions?
Yes, feeding dandelions on a daily basis is recommended as they are extremely healthy for beardies to eat.
19. Can bearded dragons eat earthworm?
Of course, beardies really loves eating earthworms.
However, make sure you don’t feed them bait worms or worms you found yourself. Also, only adult dragons should be given worms as they are fatty.
20. Can bearded dragons eat fish?
There is not enough research proving feeding fish to a beardie is safe or healthy so you had better not try it.
21. Can bearded dragon eat fruit?
Definitely, the fruit is loved by beardie.
You should choose the fresh fruit as well as wash them carefully to remove any pesticides.
22. Can bearded dragon eat grapes?
Yes, both grapes and grape leaves can be eaten by beardie.
And you should remember to clean them before giving them to your dragon.
23. Can bearded dragon eat grass?
Yes, if you have clovers, beardies loves them.
But make sure that your lawn is safe with no pesticides.
24. Can bearded dragon eat grasshopper?
Yes, beardies really loves eating insects, especially grasshoppers and crickets.
However, you should avoid feeding your beardie any insect that does not safe as they can have parasites within them, which can cause dangerous problems to your beardie.
25. Can bearded dragon eat green bean?
Yes, green beans (both the beans and the leaves) are completely safe and good for beardies health. Remember to make them clean before giving them to a dragon.
26. Can bearded dragon eat kale?
Yes, washed and fresh kale is completely safe for a beardie.
27. Can bearded dragon eat lettuce?
Lettuce can be eaten beardies but it would be nothing to feed your dragon lettuce as it has zero nutritional value for a beardie.
28. Can bearded dragon eat mealworm?
Beardies can eat mealworms. However, mealworms having a very hard chitin shell are not recommended as it is very challenging for dragons to digest.
29. Can bearded dragon eat mice?
There is not enough evidence or research supporting having baby mice as food for a beardie.
Therefore, you had better not feed dragon mice.
30. Can bearded dragon eat mushroom?
You had better not provide beardie with mushrooms as you will not sure if they are highly poisonous and lethal for beardies or not.
31. Can bearded dragon eat nightcrawler?
No, the mucus coating the nightcrawlers produces can make eating them difficult. Moreover, nightcrawlers could be contaminated by pesticides from the soil, so eating them might be dangerous.
32. Can bearded dragon eat oranges?
There are some oranges that can be eaten by beardies such as Mandarin and Navel oranges but oranges and other citric fruit are not recommended.
33. Can bearded dragon eat parsley?
Parsley can be eaten by beardie but overfeeding parsley to a dragon is not recommended. Ensure that you use fresh and washed parsley before serving.
34. Can bearded dragon eat peaches?
Yes. You just need to choose raw/fresh peaches and cut to the right sizes and you can serve your dragon with them.
Beardie can eat peas, but they will need their peas chopped up.
36. Can bearded dragon eat pineapple?
Both fresh and canned pineapple are be eaten by beardie.
And remember to have the pineapple cut into small enough pieces before feeding.
37. Can bearded dragon eat plum?
Plums can be eaten by beardie as long as you wash and cut the plum before feeding it to a dragon.
38. Can bearded dragon eat raspberry?
Yes, beardie can eat raspberries. However, you should rarely feed them.
39. Can bearded dragon eat romaine lettuce?
Of course, but Romaine lettuce is not recommended as there is no nutritional value founded in any type of lettuce for a beardie.
40. Can bearded dragon eat spiders?
Yes, Spiders can be eaten by beardie. However, you are not recommended to feed your dragon spiders as some spiders may have parasites or toxic substances that would be harmful to your dragon.
41. Can bearded dragon eat spinach?
Of course, spinach can be eaten by beardie but you should consider it as it contains calcium, which can lead to nutrition issues.
42. Can bearded dragon eat stink bug?
No, You had better not give stink bugs to beardie as they have toxic pesticides on their body, which would be fatal for a beardie.
43. Can bearded dragon eat strawberries?
Yes, you can have fresh strawberries eaten by beardie and ensure that you have them washed and cut to the right size.
44. Can bearded dragon eat tomato?
Tomatoes can sometimes be used as food for a beardie.
However, your beardie could be ill if they ingest many tomatoes.
45. Can bearded dragon eat watermelon?
Yes, you can have watermelon and other melons as well prepared to feed beardie by cutting them into small enough pieces for the dragon.
46. Can bearded dragon eat zucchini?
Yes, zucchini is fairly healthful.
You can feed them several times a week. Besides, you can also combine zucchini with other greens for a salad.
47. Can you overfeed a bearded dragon?
Of course, beardie can be overfed as you overfeed them regularly with fatty insects (such as worms). That is the reason which causes beardie to gain too much weight.
48. What do beardies eat?
Being omnivores, beardie can eat most things including both plants and insects.
As they have a quite wide diet, you may find it difficult to choose the best food for them.
Therefore, you should have a look at our beardie diet page for more details.
#2 QUESTIONS ABOUT BEARDED DRAGONS ACTING WEIRD
49. Can beardie swim?
Yes, Actually beardie is very good at swimming.
However, you shouldn’t purposefully force your dragon to swim and monitor him when he is swimming.
Yes, beardie is really good at hearing and capable of recognizing someone’s movement as they are extremely sensitive to vibrations
51. Do beardies climb?
Of course, beardie loves climbing and often climb rocks and trees in nature.
Therefore, you should prepare some places for your dragon to climb inside his/her tank.
52. Do beardies smell?
Beardie will smell bad or release an unpleasant odor if they are not well taken care of.
However, generally, beardie does not smell if they are properly maintained.
53. Do beardies lose their tails?
No, beardies’ tails are permanent and if they lose their tails, the tails cannot come back and re-grow any part of their body.
54. Do beardies bite?
Yes, In case of beardie are threatened or are in a negative mood, they can bite and hurt you so be careful.
55. Do beardies carry salmonella?
Yes, salmonella is found on all lizards, which can predispose you to intestinal tract issues so you had better wash your hands before and after handling a beardie.
56. Can beardie see color?
In wild, a very useful vision helps beardie easily hunt for food and they can see full color as well but their depth perception is not good with their eyes on the sides of their head (causing them to run into things).
57. Do beardies hibernate?
Yes, in the wild beardie will experience a semi-hibernation phase called the brumation cycle.
Similarly, most beardie in captivity will go through a brumation cycle, but some may not, which mostly depends on the hormones within your dragon and the habitat he/she is in.
58. Do beardies shed?
Yes, beardie will need to shed their skin. While young dragons will frequently shed their skin as they grow, adult dragons may do it twice per year.
59. What are beardies predators?
Beardies have a variety of predators including birds, large snakes, bigger lizards, and dogs.
#3 QUESTIONS ABOUT BEARDED DRAGONS SECRET MANUALS
When beardies are young they can get on well with each other while adult beardie should be kept alone.
In specific, males need to be alone but females may live together without any problems.
61. Can beardies live with other lizards?
It would be disastrous to let beardie live with any other types of lizards even if they are not aggressive.
This is because the bacteria that may be normal to one could be fatal to the other.
62. Do beardies have teeth?
Yes, beardies’ teeth include front teeth and side teeth.
While the former is specialized in biting and tearing their prey and will fall out regularly, the latter is used for eating plants and are permanent.
63. Do beardies make good pets?
This is one of the tough questions about bearded dragons.
However, I definitely say “YES”, beardie will be amazing pets as you will find it easy to maintain, gentle them, and they don’t take up much space.
64. How big do beardies get?
The size of a beardie is decided by its diet and habitat. Under ideal conditions, a beardie can reach 18-22 inches.
65. How big does a beardie tank need to be?
How large your beardie is will decides on the size of a beardie tank.
A 75-gallon tank will be suitable for most dragons when they are full-grown while very large dragons will need larger tanks.
66. How long do beardies live?
The diet, health, and environment of a beardie will have a great influence on the average life span of beardies.
It is common for beardie to live for a period of time from 8 to 12 years old.
67. How much is baby beardies?
I can not give exact information for these questions of price about bearded dragons.
Baby beardie that is cheaper than adult beardie can cost from $30-$60.
68. How much are beardies?
The cost of a beardie varies following its age and color.
It is common for you to get beardie for $60-$100 while some are free in the classifieds or some can cost up to $1,200.00 due to their rare colors from selective breeders.
69. How to make a beardie vivarium?
Choosing the proper beardie supplies will help you create a pleasant vivarium for your beardie.
70. Where can I get a beardie?
You find a beardie will be available at local pet stores, breeders, or you may find them in classified ads or on craigslist.
After a checklist of Questions About Bearded Dragons, hope you have the best answer for your problems. If your quiz questions on bearded dragons, contact me anytime through mail: email@example.com.